The attorneys at Hunt and Gale Law Offices have over 30 years of experience and have handled a wide range of complex matters across many areas of law. We care about our clients and keep our fees reasonable. We have found, with few exceptions, that an hourly fee model is the most suitable billing structure for our clients. Prospective clients are encouraged to discuss fees with their attorneys.
New clients pay an initial consultation fee of $250. We will request that you provide information to us prior to this meeting in order to make the time together productive. During our initial consultation, we will discuss the fee for any continuing representation.
We usually charge hourly fees. Each staff member involved in a given matter keeps track of his or her time, and bills at a predetermined rate. Our normal hourly rates, by staff role, are:
- Attorneys – $350.00
- Legal Assistants – $100.00
Work is billed in segments of .1 hour for each activity. Hourly fees are billed each month. We do bill for postage and copying expenses. We ask that you pay in advance for court filing fees, certified copy charges, publication costs, recording fees, deposition costs, and service of process charges.
This is intended in order to provide clients with certainty about the final fee. We charge for some activities at a flat rate, this also encourages clients to make contact with us as necessary instead of worrying about the cost for each contact.
Will Preparation (including powers of attorney)
- Single person – $1250
- Married couple – $1500
- With trust provisions – $1,500-$2,500 (or more, depending on complexity)
Trusts (including pour-over wills and powers of attorney)
- Simple (single or married) – $2,500-$3,750
- Special Needs Trust as part of Estate Planning – $3,250-$4,500
Other Estate Planning
- Home Visits for Signing – $250 each visit
- Deed Transfer Into Trust – $300
- Renewal of Judgment – $250
- Affidavits for Collection of Personal Property – $375
- Affidavit of Succession to Real Property – $1,275
- Probate Proceedings ($2,000 minimum) – hourly + costs
- Proof of Authority $500 + costs
Guardianship and/or Conservatorship of Adults
- Guardianship/Conservatorship – Hourly billing plus costs
- Emergency Petitions – Add $500
- Renewal of Judgment – $250 (for current clients)